13 September 2013

Simple Hostess Gift

 It's Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday! Happy almost weekend to you! & you! & you over there in the corner!

 I am extra extra happy today because my GRANDMA AKA best friend AKA best lady you've ever met AKA partner in crime got in last night, and will be here for the next two weeks. HECK YEAH! We have shopping, decorating, wedding planning, talking, and trouble making to do in these next 14 days :)

Anyways, when we first moved to Arkansas it was really really tough to make friends. It's just hard at this age to meet people in the same life stage as you. About a year into living here, I finally met Kim. She is seriously me...country-fied. :) I adore her! She & her sweet fiancé are getting married one month after us, & we couldn't be more thrilled for them! Their engagement party was a few weeks ago, and it was "no gifts" but I couldn't resist picking up something small and cute for the bride-to-be.



 I was picking up some groceries for the weekend, and I literally couldn't get over how gorgeous these Hydrangea's were. I am majorly obsessed with these pretty flowers. I have it on my next-spring-to-do-list to add a bush or two to our landscaping.

Putting this together was no trouble at all. I simply used my tag printing method to print a cute little well-wish, added some water to a mason jar, cut the flowers to size, and tied it all together with some raffia! That is what we in the business like to call eaaasy like a Sunday morning. (what business?)






This is the perfect no-fuss hostess gift that is sure to have everyone thinking you're super creative and fabulous. (ha! Jokes on them).

Have an awesome weekend, friends! We'll be stirin' up all sorts of trouble, so make sure you keep up on Facebook , Instagram , & Pinterest !

See you on Monday,

Kylie




Hey you!!! Don't forget to link up your Blog Lovin' account over at Life of Faith... this weekend! It's a super duper fun way to make new blog friends and find some new blogs to covet!!





Skip to my Lou/Keeping It Simple Crafts/DIY Showoff/
Home Stories A to Z / Uncommon Designs /Sugar and Dots / The Winthrop Chronicles
The Girl Creative / House of Hepworths / The Shabby Creek Cottage
Liz Marie Blog / Tater Tots & Jello / Shabby Nest / Whipper Berry /Funky Junk Interiors / Serenity Now /Classy Clutter / Someday Crafts
Reasons to Skip the Housework / Six Sisters Stuff / Be Different Act Normal/ Life with the Crust cut off/ The Turquoise HomeGinger Snap Crafts





Have Absolutely Arkansas delivered to your inbox for FREE! You'll never miss a post! Enter Email Here:


9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and I love that it's so simple. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite plants. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to congratulate them. I'm sure Kim loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie, I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award. You are probably asking what a Liebster Award is? It is a blogger to blogger award. Its a way of encouraging smaller blogs. When you receive it you have to nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 Followers
    Come on over to http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html ,
    there are some questions to answer and then you can put the badge on a post and nominate people too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so freaky-in-love with hydrangeas. I have one in my current yard. I never water it. I think that's why I only have one bloom. I think "hydra" means "water." You'd think I'd get the hint.

    I plan on having lots of hydrangeas at my new house.

    And I'm actually going to water them. (They'll be so lucky.) I'm going to be the hydrangea QUEEN!!!

    I'm sure glad you found a friend. As a general rule, I suck at making friends...but I already love you. :P

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift! The flowers are just beautiful! :) Hope you have fun with your grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift! I'll definitely be trying this!
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love hydrangeas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I had three beautiful bushes of hydrangeas this year, I never thought to share them with anyone, next year maybe :). Thanks for linking up to Suburbsmama

    ReplyDelete