07 October 2013

Halloween Week Day 1: A spooktacular black & white mantel



It's finally here! Halloween is in the air, & it seriously feels magical. This time of year seriously gives me the warm fuzzies. Since I was a little girl, I feel like the Months of October-December are seriously MAGIC! Do you agree?

 This weekend was the most perfect Autumn weekend. It was under 60 degrees the entire weekend, and we had a giant storm roll in Saturday that cleared the air. It was so nice to wake up this morning and breath in the freshly washed out air. Does that make sense? I really think everything smells better after there has been a good rain.


I finally got 99 percent of our Halloween decorating done this weekend and I am tickled to share it all with you on this terrifying week of Halloween goodness ;)


My motto is "A cluttered Mantel, is a happy Mantel". :) Or at least that's what you'd think when looking at this one. I really wanted to layer all of the black & white décor I had...and I am definitely excited about the outcome.


Everything I used was under $1.00. No tricks here! I do not have the budget for expensive Holiday décor...so every year I add a little to the collection...however, every year I keep it el- cheapo.  Do you remember these dollar store pumpkin topiaries? I made them quickly last year, & I have to say that I am way more in love with them in the new house. I should also make a note that the giant black poster board was made with thumbtacks & says "Our Haunted Home". It kinda gets hidden back there...maybe I should go fix that.


I LOVE the impact of a cheap-o frame + printed picture. It adds a ton of fun to the mantel I think.


Last year I made this burlap bunting, but that was back when we were in my parents basement & I didn't have a mantle to hang it on! It doesn't really match the B&W theme, but I had to give it at least one year on the mantel spotlight.


I'm obsessed with this little Jack. He gets his own spotlight.


Four little pumpkins sittin' in a row. I can't wait to use the fireplace! I asked Jake today if it was too soon...and he said it would make the house uncomfortable hot...so that was a negative.

Well that's the beginning of our Halloween house! I can't wait to share the rest this week. We've got a ton of Free Printables Tomorrow + some kitchen spookiness...so I hope you'll come back to get scared..:)

Until Next Time,

xo Kylie

PPPPSSSSSTTTT** Wanna see how I decorated for 2014?! Click on over here!


Skip to my Lou/Keeping It Simple Crafts/DIY Showoff/
Home Stories A to Z / Uncommon Designs /Sugar and Dots / The Winthrop Chronicles
The Girl Creative / The Shabby Creek Cottage
Liz Marie Blog / Tater Tots & Jello / Shabby Nest / Whipper Berry /Funky Junk Interiors / Serenity Now /Classy Clutter / Someday Crafts
Reasons to Skip the Housework / Six Sisters Stuff / Be Different Act NormalLife with the Crust cut offThe Turquoise Home /  Ginger Snap Crafts


Have Absolutely Arkansas delivered to your inbox for FREE! You'll never miss a post! Enter Email Here:


10 comments:

  1. Really cute! Love the 31 hanging from the mirror and the 4 black pumpkins. The banner deserves another year too I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Guys! You're the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW really nice. You work fast!! I am impressed..I am slow like a turtle to get stuff done. Your place always looks amazing. I love the bunting banner and the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I wish I could do some Halloween decorating!! Well, there's always next year...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The burlap bunting and the silhouettes are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how it turned out! Love reading all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete